Q & A

Q: Does it get dark enough down there to see any stars?
A: No it does not. Even during the middle of the night, the sun is out and shining. The only time it "darkens" is when clouds or storms move through and block the sun. But even then, the light level is only that of early evening before sunset.

Q: Or will it get dark enough by the time you leave to see stars?
A: It will not. McMurdo's next sunset is expected to occur on February 21, 2012, a couple weeks after I am scheduled to leave.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

0x0

Houston, we have a blog.

I started this blog to create a centralized place where people interested in my deployment to McMurdo Station, Antarctica could see my pictures and read about the experience.

Hopefully, unleashing a small part of my mind to the Internet will not break it like typing "Google" into Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment